Today I have officially been on 35 trips around the sun! I am old enough to be President, and I’m halfway to 70. I thought I would share with you 35 things that I’ve learned, over those 35 years:
13. Every thing we do, matters.
14. Life is much better without television.
15. Question everything you’re told.
16. It is in searching for the answers, that we gain an understand that takes us much further than the answer itself.
17. It’s all about the journey.
18. Survival mode is destructive.
19. Parenthood is a humbling experience.
20. Judge no person, experience, thought, or emotion.
21. We’re all capable of more than we realize.
22. Perfection is boring.
23. Don’t believe everything you think.
24. Adventure strengthens a marriage.
25. Home ownership is not for everyone.
26. Driving is not for everyone.
27. Faulty perceptions can make life miserable.
28. None of us are as alone as we think.
29. We’re all kind of socially awkward.
30. Whatever happens, you can always create a life from that point. Your life is never “ruined” unless you decide it is.
31. Kombucha and sushi make the world go around.
32. If you’ve never failed, you’ve probably never really tried.
33. The past matters a whole lot less than we think it does.
34. Do not be afraid of change.
35. Life is the only thing we’re promised in this world. It’s up to us to make the most of it!
I don’t have many plans for today, except to relax with Rob and Beanie in the evening. I’m hoping for some cake, wine, sushi, and maybe some kombucha as well! We’ll see…
I would say the most important thing I’ve learned is that we should never stop learning and growing. I’ve learned more in the past year, than I have at any other time that I can remember. Every experience, easy or difficult, has so much to teach us, and it is up to us to see and understand the lessons in everything. Life is about growing and changing, and making something marvelous out of it.
It is my hope, through sharing, that all of you continue to learn, grow and change. I hope that your years are filled with lessons, and experiences that transform the difficult into the beautiful.