The pictures are going to have to wait, folks.
Because today is an important day–a day that will stand out in my memory and remain important for the rest of my life. And I want to share it with you.
Today is the last day of school.
I woke up at 4 am, before my alarm even went off. I’m holding off on the coffee, because I feel so jittery.
Yesterday, I had been nervous, because I had so much left to do, that it was overwhelming. By the end of the day, it was nearly all complete.
I remember last year, when I returned to the marina, and it all seemed like a dream, like it really hadn’t happened.
This is leagues beyond that. There will be no “back to reality” at the end of this summer.
But, today, today… I am feeling such a range of mixed emotions. Emotions that have broken through and shattered the melancholy that I have felt for so long, as I was putting on hold, the life that I wanted to live, every year during the “off season.”
This morning, I am feeling:
- Sadness, because I am leaving behind some wonderful people. Every choice involves a sacrifice.
- Anxiety, about the trip we’re taking tomorrow, and all the choices we have to make involving the move.
- Disbelief, because it still doesn’t seem real or possible.
- Excitement, for the adventure we’re about to embark on.
- Joy, for all of the love that I’ve experienced, and that I feel.
- Serenity, because everything is falling into place. There is no reason for fear.