In the past, I’ve written about the importance of keeping fear in check.
I have to admit that I am a hypocrite like everyone else, and I don’t always walk the talk, in that area.
I have found that I am the most fearful, when I feel like I don’t have options. I feel the most hopeless, and unhappy, when I feel like I am trapped in a situation or a pattern of action.
The crazy thing is, there are always options. We always have choices.
- We don’t have to be in survival mode. We can choose to let go of that and take a chance with doing what is right.
- We don’t have to live the way society says we do. We can find the freedom that comes with living intentionally.
- We don’t have to believe everything we hear. No matter who said it, we can judge for ourselves whether it works for us.
- We don’t have to seek approval. We can look inwardly, rather than outwardly, to find our true worth.
- We don’t have to stay in situations that don’t help us grow. We can leave or change the situation.
- We don’t have to accept “no” or “you can’t” as an answer. We can persevere and keeping trying to find a way.
- We don’t have to be chained to the past–no matter what happened there!
Think about it. What do you “have” to do, that you would rather not be doing? Who says that you have to do it? Look around–what other options are there?
Being stuck is fake. We are only ever stuck, if we keep thinking that we are. Regardless of where life has taken us prior to this day, today our possibilities are endless.