I want you to listen to me very carefully, Harry. You’re not a bad person. You’re a very good person, who bad things have happened to. Besides, the world isn’t split into good people and Death Eaters. We’ve all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That’s who we really are.Sirius Black
I think of the many things I’ve said to myself, that have done nothing but create limitations:
- “I can’t do that. I’m not a natural leader.
- “If I voice my opinion, no one will like me.”
- “I struggle with trust because I’ve been hurt in the past.”
- “I will not succeed, because nobody listens to me.”
- “I don’t deserve to be happy, because I’ve done x, y, or z.”
You know the litany. We think we’re being self-aware, but we’re actually being self-limiting. When we tell overselves that we can’t, we’re eliminating possibilities.
Because, we always have a choice, no matter what!
Maybe things don’t go as planned. Life is full of unexpected turns. Maybe there are wounds from the past that need to heal.
But, we still have options. We can choose light over darkness, at any time. We can choose to stay positive, to believe that the best is still possible.
It doesn’t matter how long we’ve believed otherwise. It’s hard to break out of old patterns, but it’s infinitely worth it.