This is one of my grandma’s recipes. It’s simple, but a lot of fun if you have little ones.
1 pkg (7 oz) uncooked spaghetti (try making it with homemade noodles!)
1/2 cup milk
1 egg, beaten
1/2 lb ground beef (you could use 1/4 cup beef and 1/4 cup beans)
1 med. onion, chopped
1 med. green pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
1/4 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp pepper
2 cups sliced mushrooms
2 cups shredded mozzarella (or other cheese)
1. Cook the spaghetti. In a medium bowl (or your other pan!) blend the milk and eggs.
2. Add the spaghetti and toss to coat.
3. Grease a baking pan (or the saucepan you used to cook the spaghetti) with butter. Spread spaghetti mixture evenly into the pan.
4. In the skillet, cook and stir beef, onion, green pepper, and garlic until beef is no longer pink.
5. Add tomato sauce and seasonings. Simmer 5 minutes.
6. Spoon beef mixture over spaghetti. Top with mushrooms and cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.