I love egg casseroles! This recipe if from my Great-Aunt Vaunda, in Georgia. It’s easy to make and a great breakfast or dinner!
1 lb sausage (I’ve used 1/2 lb before)
2 cups milk
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground mustard
6 slices bread (I use whole wheat) cut into 1/2 inch cubes
1 cup (4 oz) shredded cheddar cheese (I use pepper jack)
1. Brown and crumble sausage. Drain and set aside.
2. In a bowl, beat eggs, milk, salt, and mustard. Stir in bread cubes, cheese, and sausage.
3. Pour in greased 9 X 13 dish (I use our cast iron saucepan).
4. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Remove 30 minutes before baking.
5. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until knife comes out clean in the center.