This recipe is adapted from a recipe in Head Start Body Start. They are definitely a healthier alternative, to bring to Christmas parties. And they are amazingly addictive!
1 cup sweetener (I use Stevia in the raw)
1/2 cup oil (I use coconut oil)
1/2 cup applesauce
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour (I use finely-ground whole wheat)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp aluminum-free baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp ginger
2 cups rolled oats
1 1/2 cups grated carrots (about 3 large)
1 cup raisins
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix sugar, oil, applesauce, eggs and vanilla.
3. Stir dry ingredients together.
4. Blend dry ingredients into wet mixture. Sitr in raisins and carrots.
5. Drop by teaspoonfuls on greased cookie sheet. (I use my cast iron pans, and grease them with butter).
6. Bake 12-15 minutes until golden brown.
7. Store in airtight container.