So, yes, sometimes I don’t love January. Sometimes I get downright depressed and ornery, because of January.
And sometimes just having a little music playing can do a lot to make a bad day brighter. I’ve already shared my favorite songs for dancing. I found that updating my iPod with some of my favorites, really made January a bit brighter. Here are some of selections:
1. “I Will Survive” by Gloria Gaynor. Might just be a girl thing, but belting this song out in the car is excellent stress relief.
2. “We Didn’t Start the Fire” by Billy Joel. I know all the words to this. It’s a stupid human trick that I can do. And fun as heck.
3. “We are Young” by Fun. We actually heard modern music on the one radio station that we can get, at Rob’s family property on Thunder Bay. This song kind of became our anthem for the summer.
4. “Tubthumping” by Chumbawumba. Remember that? The perfect positive chant, for January.
5. “It’s All Been Done” by Barenaked Ladies. Rob and I have always felt that this described us.
6. “The Motown Song” by Rod Stewart. Makes you want to dance.
7. “Mambo No. 5” by Lou Bega. A classic summer song, from the days of yore.
8. “Southern Cross” by Crosby, Stills, and Nash. Because you’d rather be sailing. Trust me.
9. “Africa” by Toto. Yeah, the words are pretty dumb (and Kimimanjaro is not by the Serengeti). But it will still cheer you up.
10. “Walk or Ride” by the Ditty Bops. The best goofy song about voluntary simplicity, ever. Sometimes we randomly start singing it, in public…
Add some music to your life, and beat the January blahs!