These delectable bites taste just like the Girl Scout cookies, but they will crumble if you slice them thinly.
1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar, or equivalent amount of natural sweetener
1/2 tsp mint extract
3 oz semisweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup butter
1. Beat butter until creamy. Add sugar and beat. Beat in egg and mint extract.
2. Add flour, cocoa and salt.
3. Divide dough in half. Roll each half into a 1 1/2 inch diameter cylinder. Cover and chill at least 5 hours.
4. 30 minutes prior to baking, freeze the dough (or place it outside in the winter!). Preheat over to 350 degrees.
5. Slice dough into 1/4 inch pieces. Place on cookie sheet. Bake 10 to 12 minutes.
6. Melt chocolate and butter in double boiler (or cast iron saucepan, on low heat!). Dip cookies in chocolate. Chill until hardened.
Adapted from All Recipes.