Bone broth is wonderfully healthy. And it will help you make some great soups, such as my cabbage soup. I have experimented with many methods of making broth, and this is my favorite.
1. Cook a whole, organic chicken in beer.
2. Reserve the beer, and any jelly-like substance in it.
3. Put the bones, skin, cartilage, and any other parts you don’t eat in the beer.
4. Add enough water to fill your cast-iron saucepan or slow cooker.
5. In a slow cooker, cook on high heat for 12-24 hours. In a cast iron saucepan, do the same under very low heat on the stove. Refill the pan as needed.
6. Strain and refrigerate. You have some great broth that can be cut with water or milk to make 3 good-sized soups!