This is another NuBites recipe, that I have modified. The original used ham, but I’ve found it to be delicious with ground beef. This can be a main dish, or a side dish with lasagna, super sandwiches, or alphabet sandwiches.
1 pound fresh green beans (don’t cheat and use frozen or canned–fresh are SO much better, even when they are out of season!)
1 pound ground beef, browned
1 tablespoon butter
1 cup water
salt and pepper to taste
1. Wash green beans and remove stems.
2. Heat butter in skillet. Add onion and cook over medium heat for 2 minutes, until onion is tender.
3. Add green beans, beef and water to skillet. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Cover and cook over medium heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beans are tender. Add more water if needed.
5. Top with Parmesan cheese before serving.