I am happy to say that I have been nominated for the One Lovely Blog award! A special thanks to A Minimalist’s Musings for the nomination. If you haven’t checked out her blog, please make sure you do!
Here are the rules for acceptance:
1. Thank the person/people who nominated you and link back to them in your post.
2. Share seven possibly unknown things about yourself.
3. Nominate 15 or so bloggers you admire.
4. Contact the chosen bloggers to let them know you have nominated them and link back to them.
So, here are some things you might not know about me:
1. I am terrified when the boat heels. Yup, I’m frequently sure that I’m going to flip it. I know it’s self-righting. Logic doesn’t matter. I still take the helm, but I almost always let the sails out when it starts to tip.
2. I can’t whistle.
3. I also can’t snap my fingers.
4. I can play a large number of musical instruments, including the piano, clarinet, saxophone, flute, recorder, 6 hole fife, and handbells. It’s always been a hobby, though. And I like it that way.
5. I was a Revolutionary War re-enactor for many years.
6. I can’t stand the taste of milk. Not even good, raw, organic milk. I’ll eat dairy products, and I’ll eat it in things, but plain white milk…ewww!
7. However, I am infatuated with sushi. Real, raw, sushi, rolled up in seaweed. I search for it in every port we visit. Someday I’ll invent fresh water sushi. Yup.
Here are the blogs I would like to nominate. Most of my favorites were already nominated by the blog that nominated me, but that just added to the challenge. 😉
1. They Say Site
2. Writings from Afar
3. Journey to my Yurt
4. Frugal Granola
5. Naturally Knocked Up
6. Passionate Homemaking
7. Wanting What You Have
8. Everyone Sounds Funny (and now we do too)
9. Journeying Wayfarers
10. Living a Life Inspired
11. Penalew Becomes a Writer
13. Zack Aboard
14. Sailing Simplicity
Disclaimer: I’m pretty sure this “award” could be a hoax, but it is a good way to share some things about myself and other blogs I like.