This weekend was our last full weekend to work on the boat, and it was productive! We began by painting, which was significantly less messy with the boat on stands. It was very nice not to have to work around the cradle, like last time. Then, Rob did some repairs to the engine, and we began the unpleasant task of cleaning the bilge. The boat has not smelled well since we retrieved it from Alpena, and the bilge seems to be the cause. Apparently, filling (overfilling) the bilge with Thunder Bay caused a bit of a mess. We also replaced the bilge pump, because, as we learned, that’s something that needs to be in good working order! Finally, I put on a second coat of paint before we left.
So, overall, I feel really good about our progress. Next weekend, we will not have as much time to work, but you will get to see everything come together.
In 11 days, this will be our home!